Saturday, February 07, 2009

Bringing Back Glory
















After Dianne posted the photo of Harold 'Butch' Gutke on her blog I got to thinking, "That there is a phenomenal photo. USU Football needs a lil' something. This is just dying to be a shirt..." So I made it. Now I am off to the local printer. Place your order, limited time offer*

Update: The following was recently asked to readers of the Herald Journal October 5th, 2007, "Tell us who you think the best Cache Valley athletes are of all time. To qualify as a "Cache Valley athlete" an individual need not be a valley native, they must only have competed here for at least one year."

CV wrote on Oct 9, 2007 9:19 PM:
" If we are talking "all-time" and not just what we can remember from the past 15 years, Butch Gutke. Born and raised in Smithfield. USU football star from the early 40's. Drafted to the NFL, served our country in WWII instead. Coached for years at North Cache. "

Rick Okacek wrote on Oct 9, 2007 6:20 PM:
" 1940's USU football was Butch Gutke. A Cache Valley legend!..."

LeRoy Timmins wrote on Oct 9, 2007 11:05 AM:
" Coach Gutke coached me years ago at North Cache. He was a great role model and coach and I heard he was a great football player for Utah State in his day in the early 40's. Although, I think it was still the Agricultural College at the time. "

North Cache Alum wrote on Oct 8, 2007 12:51 PM:
" What about Butch Gutke? He starred for North Cache, Utah State and was drafted by the Giants to play football before he served his country in WWII. He went on to coach at North Cache for many years. Truly a legend in this valley."

16 comments:

Mike said...

That is the coolest thing ever. I want one badly.

Michelle said...

Wouldn't it be cool if we all went to the games wearing those? Awesome. Go Grandpa.

steve and jessica said...

I want one. (and not to be too picky, but it was my blog, not Diannes) I definitely want a shirt with that awesome logo though.

Sean said...

AAAAAAAAAH! I LOVE it! (Sorry I'm yelling.) It actually was Steven's blog, but I ripped it off and put it on my Facebook page. If you are really making T-shirts, my family is definitely in!

Dianne

marilynl said...

That is pretty cool. We are all proud to be Aggies and proud of "Grandpa Butch"!!

Nicole said...

I definately want one and I think if there's a picture of Grandpa on it I could get Nate to wear an Aggie shirt.

Anonymous said...

And if truth be told, Steve (or somebody Steve got it from) got the picture from my facebook (which I scanned and posted). So I am taking ultimate credit (I guess Grandpa had something to do with it).

Kathryn said...

I love the design. Maybe I love it because it features my DAD! Gordon and I each want a shirt. I have sent an email to my kids. I am sure many of them will also want to order shirts. Who do we contact? How much will they be? Go Aggie Football! We hope Coach Anderson has success!

Anonymous said...

Where can I git me one?

- Ryan

steve and jessica said...

I guess I should be completely truthful. I got that picture from Ryan's USU Goodies website. I should have given him credit. Now, whether he got that from Karl's facebook I don't know...

Anonymous said...

I scanned mine in independently of Karl's.

http://webuser.bus.umich.edu/risraels/gutke.html

-Ryan

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected...Sorry Steven.

Anonymous said...

Where's my apology?

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats afar to you post, will look progressive for more interrelated articles promptly as its united of my favourite subject-matter to read.

Anonymous said...

how are you ?, cute website
the way to write blog posts which smash in visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/ykyfxyy

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.